16 September 2008

Pierced Arrows on the east coast! Let's get them to Cville!

Pierced Arrows have (finally!) scheduled an east coast tour!

If you're not familiar with this band, they are 2/3 of Dead Moon, a Portland OR band who has been around for two decades playing pure whiskey-soaked, dive bar rocknroll like none other. This is top quality stuff - raw, ragged energy with crazy vocals and great rippin melody. Makes you want to get drunk and stomp around in a graveyard. If you've ever listened to Black Circle Revolution in the last year or two, you've most likely heard some Dead Moon. Phil and I are huge fans. I recently got a new Pierced Arrows 7" which I've been playing quite a bit too...

So on October 18th, Pierced Arrows is playing in DC. East Coast! I would be there in a split second. Except. For the first time in 4 years my family is coming to visit me. And of course it is on the same weekend. I just can't make it to DC that night. Damn!

But my fingers are crossed, and you can help: They are playing DC on the 18th and Chapel Hill on the 20th. Let's see if we can convince them to come to Cville on the 19th! It's on the way and everything. Go ahead, email the booking agent: dave.kaplan@theagencygroup.com Tell him you would come out for some rocknroll on the 19th. Please! Thanks!

This is the one band I REALLY want to see these days, so I hope this plan works. If not I will be really sad. But still, you should go! For both of us!

No comments: