30 September 2009

streebrow september 29th/30th 2009

september 30th is always a bittersweet day, because among the many friends celebrating birthdays on this day, one of my oldest and closest has shuffled off this mortal coil. happy birthday and r.i.p., pmonk.

and on a lighter note, thanks to everybody who came out to the garage all month long, and a special WOOT to the Don't Tell Darlings (and the shut up fellas) for playing 2 great sets at the closing party on a fine fall tuesday evening.

rock was as follows:

  1. "Hair Don't Grow" - The Annuals - Such Fun
  2. "Hurry On Sundown" - Vetiver - Thing Of The Past
  3. "I Drown" - Barkmarket
  4. "This Year" - The Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree
  5. "Smells Like Content" - The Books - Lost And Safe
  6. "Pathetique" - Toroise - Beacons Of Ascestorship [New]
  7. "Bring It On Home To Me" - Otis Redding And Carla Thomas - King And Queen [Vinyl]
  8. "Mary Don't You Weep" - Sam Cooke - Rca Recordings
  9. "I'm Set Free" - Yo La Tengo - Reproduction Mix
  10. "Mr. Tough" - Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
  11. "Here To Fall" - Yo La Tengo - Popular Songs [New]
  12. "Bones Of Her Hands" - Archers Of Loaf - All The Nations Airports [Vinyl]
  13. "Track #2" - Drunk Tigers - 3 Songs [Local!]
  14. "The Squirrel" - Jimmy Mc Griff And Groove Holmes - Giants Of The Organ Come Together [Vinyl]
  15. "Patch My Heart" - Mad Lads - Don't Harsh My Mellow
  16. "Lazy Line Painter Jane" - Belle And Sebastian - Push Bartender To Open Old Wounds
  17. "Rooster Mountain" - Court And Spark - Bless You
  18. "Fire Eye'd Boy" - Broken Social Scene - S/T
  19. "The Night" - Morphine - The Night
  20. "Lover's Waltz" - A.A. Bondy - American Hearts
  21. "I Can't Turn You Loose" - Otis Redding - The Ultimate Otis Redding
  22. "Lull" - Andrew Bird - Weather Systems
  23. "For A Rainbow" - Bill Callahan - Crayon Angel [New]
  24. "My Prayer" - Lionel Hampton - Golden Vibes [Vinyl/Talkover]
  25. "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" - Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - Fermentation Mix
  26. "I Must Be In A Good Place" - Vetiver - Thing Of The Past
  27. "9" - Andrew Bird - Weather Systems

No comments: