22 June 2009

Radio Wowsville 6/21/09: Papa Don't Take No Mess


Experience The Dad.  

Yeah, little misters, it's the Radio Wowsville All-Star Father's Day Tribute to my Father and your Father. 

Let's all hope he liked the tie. 

1. "Father's Name Was Dad" - Fire - Nuggets II
2. "Mister Brown" - The Donkey Show - Skankin' Around The World
3. "You Little Fool" - Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Imperial Bedroom
4. "My Father" (excerpt) - Bill Cosby - When I Was a Kid
5. "Hold Me My Daddy" - XTC - Oranges and Lemons
6. "My Old Man" - Bad Livers - Hogs on the Highway
7. "My Best Friend" - Puppet - Courtship of Eddie's Father (theme)
8. "Fun Fun Fun" - Beach Boys - Good Vibrations: 30 Years of the...
9. "Daddy Can I Go to the Hop" - The Cashmeres - Laff Blasts from the Past
10. "Papa Don't Preach" - Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
11. "Song For My Father" - Horace Silver - Song For My Father
12. "Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More" - Steely Dan - Katy Lied
13. "Two Daughters" - Bill Cosby - Revenge
14.
"Child Is Father of The Man" - Beach Boys - Smile
15.
"Papa Was a Rolling Stone" - Temptations - All Directions
16. "Oh Daddy" - The Turtles -
Battle of the Bands
17.
"A Boy Named Sue" - Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash at San Quentin
18.
"A Father and a Son" - Loudon Wainwright III - The BBC Sessions
19. "Father/Daughter Dialogue" - Loudon Wainwright III -
Grown Man
20.
"Factory" - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band - Darkness on the Edge of Town
21. "Fatherhood" - Babybird -
Fatherhood
22.
"Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man)" - Merle Haggard & The Strangers - Songs I'll Always Sing
23.
"Papa Don't Take No Mess" - James Brown - Hell
24.
"My Father's House" - Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska

(More Pop here.)
Radio Wowsville Knows Best!
Every Sunday night at 11PM on WTJU 91.1 FM.


No comments: